Thursday, July 15, 2004

He's not all me.

Hello,
 
Wife and Mom here.  The other night Jason and I were discussing our wonder boy and Jason made the comment that David is all me.  Granted the guy looks almost exactly like I did as a baby and we both have the same winning personality and a smile that kills, BUT as my family can attest David did inherit some of his father's traits. 
 
One day I'm bonding with David on the changing table sucking boogies out of his nose.  Most of the time he doesn't put up too much of a fight so I usually do this solo.  So, I flick my mop of hair to the side to get a better look and all of a sudden my head is being yanked backwards and down as if a ticked off female wrestler had grabbed me.  While I stand there stunned, staring at the ceiling my brain starts to process just what in the world has such a hold on my hair.  Then I catch the grin on my son's face.  His freaky feet were wrapped in my hair pulling it toward the pad.  It took both hands and threats of no car when you grow up to get my hair free from those skillful feet.  I think David's toes are already longer than mine.  Note to self, keep the hair up at all times.

No comments: