Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Available

Last week David got to play with Allison, a little girl from our church. When I arrived to pick him up they were just finishing up lunch and both of them had big bowls of applesauce. David finished his, asked for more, and returned to the table with a freshly filled bowl. Upon seeing his new helping Allison decided she wanted more too. Her mother was hesitant because she knew Allison would not finish another bowl.

Without hesitation David got out of his chair, went over to Allison, asked her if she wanted more and took her bowl into the kitchen. He then tried to open the fridge door and serve the applesauce himself.

I will update you after prom night to see if his consideration for the opposite sex remains the same after fifteen years. Of course, I'm sure his future wife will want to weigh in on the subject as well.

Needless to say it was one of the sweetest things I have watched him do. I hope life does not taint him too much.

No comments: