Tuesday, February 14, 2006

why is this the best valentine's day ever?

Why is this the best Valentine's day ever?

A woman said these words to me:

. . . that's the mom's heartbeat . . .

. . .and. . .

. . . that's the baby's heartbeat. . . 174 beats per minute. Perfect for a ten-and-a-half-week-old.

And, I might add, the tempo of the Viennese Waltz.

UPDATE: I first got my Viennese Waltz tempo info here, but decided to link to the page mentioned above because it is more interesting. I didn't notice at the time the clear contradiction to my original information about the tempo of this dance. Clearly, we have gained some insight into the unreliability of information found on the Web as well as the serious, perhaps fatal, divisions within the Viennese Waltz community.

But, I digress.

No comments: