Sunday, February 12, 2006

seven things (or less)

You know those annoying emails people used to send out asking you a bunch of uninsightful questions about yourself that you had to complete and then pass on to someone? Well the concept has developed a new life in blogging called a "meme." The main difference is that a "meme" has a hip, Greek term so people do it voluntarily. In the past month, Val and Fr. Matthew have tagged me with two different memes--that is they have listed me as someone to complete the quiz at the end of the one they completed. I have been putting it off for reasons that will become appearant shortly. I'll start with the "Seven Things" meme Val threw at me.

Here goes...

7 things I want to do before I die

1. Theosis
2. Publish a book
3. Become an expert in something
4. Lean to play a musical instrument (violin)
5. Experience what it is like to be in a small boat far enough out in the ocean not to be able to see the shore.
6. You know, get some things worked out
7. Develop more ambition

7 things I can't do

1. Understand exactly how you see things
2. Get you to understand exactly how I see things
3. Think creatively when faced with a meme
4.
5.
6.
7.

7 things that attract me to other people

1. Humility
2. Having something to teach me
3. Being attracted to me
4. Ability to develop own ideas
5. Pheremones
6. . . .
7. Honestly, I have no idea


7 things I say most often

1. "How do you ask nicely?"
2. "Lord have mercy"
3. "Good [morning/afternoon], this is Jason"
4. "#@%*!"
5. "I sooo, need to update the blog"
6.
7.

7 books or series I love

1. Bible, esp, the Gospel of John
2. Narrow Road to the Interior by Basho
3. The Ender Series through book four "Children of the Mind"
4. Unseen Warfare
5. The Great Divorce
6. Where the Sidewalk Ends
7. Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

7 movies I can watch over and over

1. The Winter Guest
2. Koyaanisqatsi
3. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
4. About a Boy
5. Matrix
6. The Incredibles
7. Notting Hill

7 people I want to join in

1. Fr Matthew (out of spite)
2. I'm kind of late to this, so most of the people I know who blog have done it or have been tagged by someone else. So, I'll just remind:
3. Skylar
4. Jaime
5.
6.
7.

No comments: