Wednesday, October 31, 2007

summer rescue me

While driving, I often sing Love Rescue Me, by U2. David calls it the "sha la la song" and insists that I sing that verse first. Yesterday, David interrupted me after I sang this part:
And the sun in the sky
Makes a shadow of you and I
Stretching out as the sun sinks in the sea
"And then it's dark" he said. I didn't quite catch what he said the first time and asked him to clarify. "The shadows stretch out and the sun sinks and then it is dark."

Very true. And it is happening earlier and earlier. This week, the last before the time change, marks the end of our favorite summer activity, evenings in the park.

To commemorate the passing of another season, I dug back through my files and pulled up some summer photos that never got posted.

Enjoy. As always, clicking on this photo takes you to the rest.


IMG_3749

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is not really fair of you to change your post after I have already read it. I get all excited thinking that I get two posts today instead of just one.

Your son is very wise.