Saturday, December 10, 2005

Joy

Backdrop: David has been working hard to memorize the words to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Usually I say the first part, he says "howonderare", then I say Up above the world so high, then he says "likedimondinSKY", and then I finish.

Last night David and I were driving to Lawrence to meet Grandpa Bear, Grandma Kim, Jane, Mark, and Zach for a pre Christmas dinner. As we drove down I-70 he saw a giant blue lit star in someone's back yard.

"TWINKLE STAR!!! TWINKLE STAR!!! TWIIINNKLE STAR!!! (Evil laugh, evil laugh, all the while hyperventilating.)

"Mommy do it! Mommy do it!"

So we began to sing. After he had warmed up we actually managed to sing it together for the first time. He did it all except for the last line. I was so thrilled and happy I almost cried.

Shortly after that he spotted a train. The tracks happen to form a bridge which we then drove under.

Between seeing the start and driving Under a train I thought the little guy would burst in the back seat from joy.

Thank you David for my early Christmas gift.
Love Mom.

No comments: