Tuesday, June 01, 2004

"honey, I want a baby blog"

I often hear that people with a college education tend to have fewer
children and have them later in life. I think that the Web log phenomena is
going to turn this around. Now we, the more highly educated, have a reason
to have children without compromising our rhetorical genius. Let's face it,
we all really want a blog. We just know that, in spite of our higher
education, we have nothing to actually write about and deep down inside that
pains us. Well nothing fills that hole like a baby to self-publish to the
whole world about.

I bet that some college on a coast is going to offer a humanities course
studying Web logging. I predict that the spread of such a course offering
to Universities across the country will be directly proportional to a rise
in college pregnancies (planned ones, not the ones that are directly
proportional to the increase in liquor sales in college towns).

That is my first blog prophesy--a blophesy. I'm a blophet. If I was saying
this just to trick you, I would be a bluffet. And if I were naked, I would
be a buff bluffet--a buffet.

later, disciples

No comments: